OTC OBD I & II Scan Tool 3211
P2101 — Historical
We've been over the meaning of most of the information on this screen in "P2176 — Historical" above, so I'm just going to explain the new and/or most pertinent pieces of information here:
- P2101 Definition:
- Throttle actuator control motor circuit range / performance.
- HISTORY (Highlighted in Blue):
- Like the P2176 code, this one is held in the computer's history. Although, it isn't current.
- MIL (Highlighted in Blue):
- It caused the MIL to illuminate.
- "Since last key cycle" and "NOT RUN" (Below):
- This time, "Since last key cycle" returned a "NOT RUN" status, so it wasn't run since the last key cycle.
- CODE (Bottom Center):
- This is a very useful tool. It shows that there is Code Connect information for this code. Code Connect is a database of real world fixes for various codes. This code returned only one reported fix — and it wasn't the best news, but it wasn't the worst. Read "P2101 Code Connect," below. Photo: Ryan King, 2018.
Assembly and Use Image Gallery | Image 11 of 17